1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accessing root folder for app inst

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vincent49, Aug 21, 2016.

1. vincent49

vincent49 Member

Trying to install a app on the root folder. The app states that it doesnt need to be rooted. "Copy Sygic folder to root internal or external SD"
    When i try to do just that, im promptly advised thatbthis folder is read only

2. vincent49

vincent49 Member

Aghh, no, just explorer.. Will that work on a non rooted machine? I have root explorer installed but the screen is pretty much blank.i just assumed it recognized my phone was not rooted.

3. vincent49

vincent49 Member

Had another look at root explorer that was already installed.. only ads load.. i installed from google play store

4. Dogboy69

Dogboy69 I AR Make Video
    Staff Member Team AR

The root folder of your device is not read only, if it were you wouldn't be able to have any app installed.
    By copy to root folder or extsd I assume it is just the downloaded apk.
    You just need to put the folder anywhere on your device it doesn't matter where sdcard/download is the normal
    The "root" of your phone is just the sdcard folder it does not require root to access which often confuses people.

• About Us

Android Republic - Android Game Hacks - Offering only the most advanced and exclusive android hacks, protections like Xigncode are easily bypassed by our team.

Exclusive Android hacks, android protections cracked, only the best available games, here you will find only the best games such as Kritika, Summoners War, Raven, Dragon Striker, Avabel, Evil Bane, 7knights and seven knights, Darkness Reborn, Soul Seeker all fully hacked and waiting for you! easy xigncode and dxshield bypass too!, way better than alpha gamers or alphagamers no need for booster or root, simple the best android cheat apk available.