1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basic Android skills on installing modded apps

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Coolione, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Coolione

Coolione Advanced Member

Hello, Here are some basic skills for installing a modded apk on your android. This is good for those with no PC or wish to learn.

Most modded android games usually have a .apk which is the game and a .obb which is a predownloaded file needed to play the game.

Most obb files are compressed and must be exported. Use apps like AndroZip to export.

I like modded apps because you usually don't need a rooted phone.

Steps to get a modded app to work.

1) make sure the app is the version you want this will most likely be the up to date version. You don't want to waste time on a outdated app it may tell you to update or you will be missing content.

2)download .apk and .obb if available. Note if the mod description is for health mod or money mod or ect. there may be multiple apk files that do different things. If there is only a .apk file and no .obb skip to step (5).

3) once installed go to a file manager like AndroZip and export the .obb file it will be compressed in a .zip or .rar file.
    Note how much space you have so it won't export half way and the app not work properly. Also note .obb isn't the mod on must occasions so any obb file you find will work long as its for that game. Unless they update the obb which I never experienced. You can also download the game, locate obb and rename it by adding a number or letter or erasing a number or letter but never forget the original name or its unusable, uninstall the game AFTER renaming obb so obb won't delete, then rename it back to its original name.

4) move obb to Android>Obb> and insure its there. If you did the renaming obb possess you can move on to step 5.

5) install .apk and the app should work if not then its the app falt not yours, note some mods may stop working or crash or ban you. Be carefully and don't stress it.

Remeber some mods get tricky these are basics read description of the mod it may help more on tricky mods.

Any more questions feel free to ask or post comments. :D Together we are the Android Republic!

#1 Coolione, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
  2. teitan

teitan Member

please help, obb to modify the file, if the file changed from obb to zip, after modif just return the name of the zip extension to obb yes, yesterday I was told to try to directly download the file again, is there a way or another application to modify the file obb, and to change the point value or the like is usually the name of what ,,, please help to share my knowledge for beginners

3. Coolione

Coolione Advanced Member

I'm sorry I'm not sure what you mean..

4. Se7enthsin

Se7enthsin Member

This is basic stuff. I was actually looking for something to open the apk file with for modification. I'm new to the apk moding scene. I can hex edit a good bit of stuff on avabel but every time I leave the game or change map I have to do it all over again. If I could just mod the apk with the same hex value then it should be permanently till update.

5. Coolione

Coolione Advanced Member

Maybe someone has a thread if you wanna learn more as this is called "basic android skills" if you read before commenting...

6. Deeos

Deeos Member

Thanks a bunch for intro

7. Coolione

Coolione Advanced Member

No problem

8. Deeos

Deeos Member

Is install the same if i have a pc, or can i go in through my pc?

9. Coolione

Coolione Advanced Member

I don't use a PC I do it all threw my phone, no PC needed

• About Us

Android Republic - Android Game Hacks - Offering only the most advanced and exclusive android hacks, protections like Xigncode are easily bypassed by our team.

Exclusive Android hacks, android protections cracked, only the best available games, here you will find only the best games such as Kritika, Summoners War, Raven, Dragon Striker, Avabel, Evil Bane, 7knights and seven knights, Darkness Reborn, Soul Seeker all fully hacked and waiting for you! easy xigncode and dxshield bypass too!, way better than alpha gamers or alphagamers no need for booster or root, simple the best android cheat apk available.