1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IDA Tutorial?

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Androhacks_, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Androhacks_

Androhacks_ Advanced Member

I've been looking for tutorials on modding .so files with IDA, and YES I did look at Twix's "Basic" tutorial, and it made 0 sense at all. For someone like me who's really new to IDA, the whole thread made absolutely no sense, especially without pictures.

If anyone could point me in the right direction or maybe even make a more noob-friendly tutorial on modding with IDA, I'd be very greatful.

2. NEMESIS

NEMESIS Junior Modding Team
    Junior Modding Team

@Androhacks_, Twix said 12 03 A0 E3 is the highest value we can put in IDA
    actually we can make it more higher than it by multipling it or adding it
    and may be i can see why for us that tut cant be understandable or why its doesnt work for a game when we mod it. it because
    12 03 A0 E3 in hex (4byte)
    mov r0, #48000000 in IDA
    is just like
    ldc.4 [21xxxxxxxx] in Reflector
    without end process / without *ret* function.
    then ZEDjy come up with new tut and it explain another clue for the *ret* code. and it is
    1E FF 2F E1 in hex (4byte)
    70 47 in hex (2byte) <--- i know it from stelau4's comment in nullbyte's tread
    =
    BX LR in IDA
    =
    ret in Reflector

well that all already have their explanations in separate tread. i just re-write it and put in one comment :sweatsmile:
    but i guess u already read them all so ifmay i know which else is u want to know?may be u want to make it more spesificcuz im still a beginner whith hack tools too

#2 NEMESIS, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    ZEDjy likes this.
  3. Androhacks_

Well, take a game like summoner's war for example. Let's say it had assembly-csharp.dll and i was modding it in .net reflector, ok? Let's say that i found set_health and set attack, both are int32. So I'd delete all the values listed in those two, and replace them with ldc.i4 opcode, and a value of like 999999 right?

What I'm trying to achieve exactly, is when games/apps don't have the dll to modify, I can take the .so, put it into ida, find those values inside of ida, and modify them that way. The only problem is IDA seems to have weird terms, for example, minus ammo is "Triggerpull" it isn't simple as "Set_health" or set_damage.

Specifically, I want to learn how to identify the moddable parts of the .so in IDA, and how to actually modify the values with HxD.

4. NEMESIS

NEMESIS Junior Modding Team
    Junior Modding Team

:sweatsmile: .... (im so speechless) thats very clear...
    yeah, yes. thank you very much.

ps to moderator: can i have a *runaway* emoticon? lol

5. icry4u

icry4u HolloW...!!!
    Exclusive Modding Team

can i know what game u r trying to mod? .... and learning IDA comes with practice .. try to take some games that modded and compare - re-mode .. and try again ... a bit harder than unity to understand but nothing impossible

6. Androhacks_

Well, I was downloading games from the request section to try to practice, but that hasn't been working very well.

I was really focused on trying to mod Summoner's Legend, which is a rip off of summoner's war, but I don't think it has near as much security if any compared to Com2us games.

7. icry4u

icry4u HolloW...!!!
    Exclusive Modding Team

Well as i said .. take some modded game so u be sure that it's mode-able .. compare and get the idea .. some games require more than just knowing the basics to mod them .. try to think out of the box let's say Damage ... search for anything related to it .. Power , force , Attack < ATK > , strength <STR> .. critical , Hit , damage < Dmg > this is for searching .. when it comes to actually modding it ... look for it's opcodes some are integers ...some float < Single in unity > ... some are double < ldc.r8 in unity > .. basically let's say u have an enemy damage << get_EnemyDamage ( int32 )

you would return an integer value so if it was like 2 bytes then it will be like this

mov r0 , #1 << arm instruction .. ( 0120 ) << arm instruction in hex value ( this is like ldc.i4 1 in unity )
    bx lr << arm instruction .. ( 0120 ) << arm instruction in hex value ( this is like ret in unity )

these are some basics same goes to any function u want just play the game see what would be possible to mod.. HP , Mana , skill CD , skill damage , enemy movement < u would freeze them to get god mod sometimes ...

and there are boolean opcodes same as unity i.e IsEnemyCanAttack << return value of 0 which will make it false so enemies won't be able to attack = god mod

Just think out of the box .. don't hesitate to ask here i'm sure me or any of this community would love to help :)

Cheers and i hope this helps and sorry if i miss anything .. happy modding

8. icry4u

icry4u HolloW...!!!
    Exclusive Modding Team

Ohh yeah there is also the Branches which is a little bit complicated not hard tho but just get the hang of these once u are confident then take the next step .. good luck

NEMESIS likes this.
  9. Androhacks_

Thanks for the advice, I Appreciate it.

• About Us

Android Republic - Android Game Hacks - Offering only the most advanced and exclusive android hacks, protections like Xigncode are easily bypassed by our team.

Exclusive Android hacks, android protections cracked, only the best available games, here you will find only the best games such as Kritika, Summoners War, Raven, Dragon Striker, Avabel, Evil Bane, 7knights and seven knights, Darkness Reborn, Soul Seeker all fully hacked and waiting for you! easy xigncode and dxshield bypass too!, way better than alpha gamers or alphagamers no need for booster or root, simple the best android cheat apk available.