1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just wondering if someone could enlighten me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matt4sho, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Matt4sho

Matt4sho Member

Okay so my question is this:

If moding your online accounts on xbox an play station can be done. Like let's say call of Duty making your online account have all the perks, gun unlocks an being max prestige can be done. Why can't moble game online servers be altered too?

2. Juice

Juice New Member

I didnt even know you could mod xbox games o.o

3. Dogboy69

Dogboy69 I AR Make Video
    Staff Member Team AR

This is more than likely that all your data for certain console games is stored on your console and not on the servers. Mobile games are easily shared/decompiled compared to console games so the systems the devs use are different. The inherent security of newer consoles mean that the game data can be stored on the system without much danger. You also have the fact that mobile games often can't store the data on your device due to the size of it.
    All in all the same rules exist; anything that is stored on a game server is both highly difficult and highly illegal to hack

4. Matt4sho

Matt4sho Member

Okay I understand the high risk involved. Hmmm but I can log onto my friends ps4 an log on my account an all my game data is there so it isn't stored on too the console it's on the server. The only reason I asked this question was if Sony server can easy be hack by online moder's how much more difficult can a moble game server be? Lol pretty sure there's people out there like me that would easily drop $500 to get his account the monsters he or she wanted.

5. Dogboy69

Dogboy69 I AR Make Video
    Staff Member Team AR

All games store your account details online, but while you are playing your console is doing all the work, you do something on the console and it then syncs with the server to update your data. This is where the modding happens before it is then sent to the server and saved.
    Modding a game can get your account banned, hacking a server can land you 10 years in jail
    Any mods available for any platform will always be off the server, always dictated by the game devs and how much they allow to changed device side

6. Matt4sho

Matt4sho Member

Oh I see, thanks for sharing your knowledge. Lol 10 years fck that *_*.

Dogboy69 likes this.