1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LeTV LeEco Le 2 Pro 4G Phablet

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by FookingReal, Sep 28, 2016.

1. FookingReal

FookingReal GayLord
    Staff Member Team AR

1474998354580017561.jpg

My heartfelt review of the the LeTV LeEco Le 2 Pro 4G phablet.

Finally i got the phone via DHL. Opened up the package and like a curious baby, i explored the features of the phone!

Haptic/Vibration Feedback

This phone comes with Android 6.0 i.e Marshmallow. The first thing i did was to install my daily apps - Fleksy, ES file explorer, Chrome, WhatsApp, Spotify etc and put the phone to test. The strength of the haptic feedback caught my attention. It responds to every touch and truely mimic the feel of a real keyboard. I recalled using the oneplusone and the haptic feedback was disappointing. When my thumbs first touched the softkeys of Fleksy, the haptic feedback was strong and acute. I LOVE IT. Finally I could feel the phone as one without requiring 3rd party apps to enhance its haptic feedback. Score: 5/5

Audio Quality

Next up was audio quality of this phone. The LeEco Le 2 Pro does not come with a 3.5mm audio jack but is accompanied by an audio adapter which allows uers to plug in legacy 3.5mm audio equipment(very considerate of gearbest/LeEco). Audio is now lose-less based on phone specifications listed by leEco but unfortunately the difference in sound quality between the leEco Le Pro 2 and an iPhone 6 goes unnoticed. Several test tracks in 24bit/320 kbps comprising multiple genres such as rock, orchestra, and pop sounded indifferent between the le Pro 2 and the reference phone – and iPhone 6. The absence of the conventional audio jack means owners of this phone will have to carry around an audio adapter to support legacy audio equipment. It is worth mentioning that the phone now comes with a Dolby Atmos post processor which simulates virtual surround through a range of preset equalizer settings. Developed by Dolby Labs, Atmos adds to listening experience by incorporating height channels into the sound field, immersing the listener in three dimensional audio as compared to the older channel based decoding. Kudos to Le Eco for incorporating this wonderful bit of technology to enhance listening experience! Score: 4/5

Game-play Experience

A phone is not solely for communication purpose. As a member of Android Republic, I enjoy the VIP content. It is important that the phone MUST give me a smooth user experience whenever i am playing those modded games. Like clockwork, i placed the TeamAR license in the /sdcard directory and installed the modded game. Maybe i should define what is smooth user experience. Smooth here means 60 frames per second. I know that Seven Knights is graphics demanding and it will be the best game to test the LeEco Le Pro 2. The LeEco Le Pro 2 was able to run the game at max settings with no lag. A+ Score: 5/5

Screen Quality

A phone is not solely for communication purpose. As a member of Android Republic, I enjoy the VIP content. It is important that the phone MUST give me a smooth user experience whenever i am playing those modded games. Like clockwork, i placed the TeamAR license in the /sdcard directory and installed the modded game. Maybe i should define what is smooth user experience. Smooth here means 60 frames per second. I know that Seven Knights is graphics demanding and it will be the best game to test the LeEco Le Pro 2. The LeEco Le Pro 2 was able to run the game at max settings with no lag. A+ Score: 5/5

Charging Speed

Using the charging cable and quick charge adaptor bundled with the phone, I was able to reach a full charge (from 0%) slightly after an hour, reaching 50% in just 30 minutes. This is especially useful if the user is always on the move but it highly recommended to always achieve a full charge before disconnecting the power cable to preserve battery lifespan. (4/5)

Battery Life

My daily usage of the phone comprises the following activities:
    Whatsapp (reading and responding to texts): 1 hour
    Spotify (With Slight EQ adjustments to boost bass and treble): 2 hours
    Web browsing (on Google Chrome): 1 hour
    Google Drive (accessing Word and Excel documents on the fly): 1hour
    Facebook: 30 minutes

I am connected to the 4G network with phone on vibration only and screen brightness set to auto adjustment. Starting with a full charge in the morning, I manage to last a full day (24 hours) with 12 % battery life remaining. With no voice calls and no use of the mic/speakerphone/camera, I consider myself a light phone user. The 3000mAH built in battery seems small in capacity compared to those provided by other competitors within similar price range. Conclusion: Battery life seems disappointing and might not be sufficient to support the amount of tasks the average modern user performs on a smartphone, without visiting a charging station at least once a day. Score: 3/5

Camera

The LeEco Le Pro 2 spots a whooping 21M back facing camera, paired with an 8 MP front facing camera. Those of you who are geeks in photography probably know that megapixel alone does not dictate the quality of photos. Lens quality, image processor and most importantly – the aperture size and sensor size are all important variables in determining the quality of a photo. With a galore of post processing features available, pictures still suffer from subpar quality when compared to the likes of the iphone 6 or the Samsung Galaxy S7. Shutter speed is delayed by approximately a fifth of a second after the button is pressed to capture a photo, leading to occasional frustration. This phone suffices if you are a casual photographer who does not solely rely on a smartphone as their main camera utility, otherwise this phone is not for you. Score: 3/5

Price
    227 usd Score: 3/5

sangphung likes this.
  2. Kirakichi

Kirakichi Member

I would like to correct what you stated, wrongfully.

It has Li-Ion battery, and Lithium based batteries do experience stressing when it's under 10% and above 90%.

If charged from 0% to 100%, the battery will lose ~5% of it's capacity after 250-300 full charging cycles (0% to 100%).

But if charged from 20% to 80% it will lose ~5% of it's capacity after 700 - 800 full charging cycles. (20% to 80%).

Full charging cycle is counted as 0% to 100% so if you charge from 50% to 100% 2 times, this counts as 1 full charging cycle.

For maximum battery life, 20% to 80% recommended, this will boost full charging cycle by x3 times).