1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Logic? Server Sided Game

Discussion in 'Public Mod / Hack Discussion' started by Brandon Weibley, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Brandon Weibley

Ok guys so Ive heard people say that Server Sided games cannot be modded. I understand that being server sided makes everything difficult, but it feels like there has to be some way to mod? I have been playing a game called Heroes Charge HD for months. The top players in the game bought many gems (In-App purchases) to stay at the top of the server. For months i did the same to stay at the top and now can no longer afford to do so. Ive been falling behind the top players and it feels like many months of purchasing gems have now been thrown down the drain since I can no longer stay at the top. So I am turning to modding in a desperate attempt to keep up. Before attempting to mod this game, I had no prior modding experience, although I do have a little bit of a programming background. So far the things I have tried:

I started out with the easiest route, trying Freedom to make in-app purchases. Freedom ran through and did its job, going through the whole google play purchase process and saying purchase complete. As soon as the google purchase window closes though, I got an error saying that it couldnt be completed. This seems pretty obvious that there must be a server check at that point to see if money was actually transferred?

I then Tried SBGameHacker and was able to edit just a few small things that helped in daily challenges that are not player vs player, but when it goes to player vs player, the game reaches out to the server and grabs the true values instead of using the values that my screen on my phone shows. I thought I was on to something when I was able to change a gear's purchase price to 1 gem. The "are you sure you want to purchase" message even said 1 gem. My screen showed my gem count only going down by 1. But as soon as I went out of the app and came back in I see that the server actually still took 255 gems instead of just 1. So there is definitely a lot of server checking going on.

My next move was to get a little background in unity editing with .Net Reflector. I went though a tutorial and felt that I had a decent understanding just to realize very quickly when I unzipped the HeroesCharge APK that this was not Unity...

My next move was to IDA and HxD. While trying to learn IDA I was told over and over that I woulnt be able to get around the server side issues this way, so I got discouraged and didnt bother to continue with IDA tutorials.

One thing that really stood out to me when talking to someone else trying to mod a game that also has many server checks. He told me that the server checks were not hard to find and disable, but then the game just didnt do anything when he tried to purchase. This tells me that they arnt just server checks, but that literally everything happens at that instant when the apk reaches out to the server, so by stopping the apk from reaching out to the server you also stop the purchase from being able to happen.

I feel like every day I realize 1 new piece to the puzzle, but I feel like there has to be someone out there who came across this type of situation and figured out a solution to it? Hopefully someone can help. Thank you guys!

While playing around in IDA I found a few functions that have to do with in-app gem purchases. It looks like they are reaching out to the server for some type of key? If I knew exactly what the app was looking for as a return value from the server then I should be able to edit it to always equal that value, so that then Freedom would work. I have a VERY LIMITED understanding of the opicodes in ARM, hopefully someone else can help me make sense of this a little better. Here are a few functions that look like they pertain:

EDIT: Deleting some useless code I posted. Heroes Charge HD released a new version which was actually a totally new design. The game is now written in Unity. The downside is that I was able to get a little bit of help by using SBGameHacker to do a few things like the daily campaigns, portals, instances, and Crusades since they were the only thing not checked by the server. I cant do that now that the game is unity, when I use SB the values dont change. I looked for a local database on my phone that would temp store some info, but there were none to be found

#1 Brandon Weibley, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  2. hiyall360

hiyall360 Mr. Pringles
    Staff Member Cracking Team

HEY! are you the same guy that spoke with me on hackforums.net? XD

3. castiel

castiel Active Member

Interesting post

4. Brandon Weibley

Yes I am. I just came over when I saw your PM. I posted on where awhile back now that the game has switched over to unity maybe you will be able to help me out :) I read up on Unity a little bit the last 2 days but I haven't been able to do anything with it yet because they have hidden the assembly file somewhere so im not sure what to do. I do have Net Reflector on my computer already though :)

See, no Assembly file:

[​IMG]

5. Brandon Weibley

Added an Edit to my main post hopefully it helps a little

6. hiyall360

hiyall360 Mr. Pringles

Hey Brandon, I managed to pull out the hidden assembly files. Going to work on injection for this game soon.

7. Brandon Weibley

Awesome! Mind sharing how you found it? I would love to learn also so that I can help others in the future

8. tester123

tester123 Advanced Member

It doesn't seem like they have the usual C-Sharp assembly. Interesting.

In regard to modding, I've often hit the walls, and unless there are tutorials or some help/point to the right direction, you'll be stuck at that. Injection is pretty powerful, so I doubt anyone will release the method soon anyway.

9. Penner2015

VIP

I rly like this discussion...

10. hiyall360

hiyall360 Mr. Pringles

Sorry, it's a cracking team exclusive method.

The game does use assembly csharp assembly, it just loads into memory, so you can't really access it under normal circumstances. I've managed to pull them out though.

#10 hiyall360, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    tester123 likes this.
  11. DaiCaVN

DaiCaVN Cracking Team

Heroes Charge will be in VIP soon

ATSparhawk likes this.
  12. Brandon Weibley

Ok so Injection is still hush hush I get it :) Can you explain what injection is at least? When I hear injection I think of SQL injection into a server? BTW I know with Heroes Charge they are still releasing patches pretty frequently, will this still work or will it break after every patch? and did you guys work on the HD version?

13. Dogboy69

Dogboy69 I AR Make Video
    Staff Member Team AR

Injection is adding things to the game via a flaw in their security
    Usually premium currency
    The mod won't work after every patch but the modders are good at updating quickly so not much downtime

14. hiyall360

hiyall360 Mr. Pringles

We did the normal version, but we're working on the HD version too as long as we can get things working well :) yes, there will be updates, but we update mods regularly.

15. Brandon Weibley

I just became VIP :) Looking forward to seeing what you guys are able to do :) Please throw a link here for me when ever its gets posted up. Thanks guys!

#15 Brandon Weibley, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  16. Brandon Weibley

BTW if the original Heroes Charge is where the work is done instead of HD, I just checked and I can also use my acct on the original version so I can change over when I want to use the mod. A few things that would be awesome to see would be:

*getting extra stamina somehow or not spending it when doing Campaigns.

*Obviously free diamonds would be awesome

*If there was a way to set the countdown clocks to 0 on the Chests so that they could be opened over and over again that would be great (There is a magic stone chest that can only be seen by high VIP that I have access to that has great gear and stones in if I could keep that one open).

*Inside the Arena > Grand Arena, In the redeem button on the bottom left there is a store. Free items from there or unlimited Coins for it would HELP IMMENSELY, there are also other stores that would be cool but the Grand Arena store is the most important.

If you guys are working on modding it and have any game play type questions id gladly answer through PM here or Skype. I will help out in any way I can

17. Dogboy69

Dogboy69 I AR Make Video
    Staff Member Team AR

Most if not all of these ideas are extremely unlikely on a game like this.
    Stamina/energy/keys are 99.9% of the time completely server sided as are any sort of cooldown items such as free draws restricted entrance dungeons etc
    As for diamonds, we are checking to see if there are flaws that we can exploit usually hijacking info before it is sent back to the server but this is dependant on somebody at the game company not doing their job properly

18. hiyall360

hiyall360 Mr. Pringles

To add to what @Dogboy69 said, if we were to release a mod for this game in vip, it would most likely be a combat one.

any currency hacks we would just end up selling diamonds for a major discount.

19. Brandon Weibley

That all would have been great to know before I signed up in VIP anticipating the MOD that would "be in VIP soon". I would have just saved my $20...

20. hiyall360

hiyall360 Mr. Pringles

we'd be more than happy to refund you.

• About Us

Android Republic - Android Game Hacks - Offering only the most advanced and exclusive android hacks, protections like Xigncode are easily bypassed by our team.

Exclusive Android hacks, android protections cracked, only the best available games, here you will find only the best games such as Kritika, Summoners War, Raven, Dragon Striker, Avabel, Evil Bane, 7knights and seven knights, Darkness Reborn, Soul Seeker all fully hacked and waiting for you! easy xigncode and dxshield bypass too!, way better than alpha gamers or alphagamers no need for booster or root, simple the best android cheat apk available.