1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding with Encrypted DLL

Discussion in 'Public Mod / Hack Discussion' started by tester123, Nov 14, 2015.

1. tester123

tester123 Advanced Member

Recently, more and more games are encrypting their dll to make it more difficult to mod.

I have been following this guide here:

[TUTORIAL] How to decrypt Assembly-Csharp.dll file using gcore dump (for encrypted Unity3D games) ~ iAndroHacker

but I am stuck at the steps where you input gdb -pid xxxxx, and it says gdb cant execute : permission denied.

I read the comments in the guide and tried several ways including ways to enable the SELinux to be permissive (not sure if this is the problem in the first place.) I tried using several commands from the xda-developers forum like:

mount -o rw,remount /system

and

mount -o remount,rw /system
    mkdir /system/su.d
    echo "#!/system/bin/sh" > /system/su.d/permissive.sh
    echo "echo 0 > /sys/fs/selinux/enforce" >> /system/su.d/permissive.sh
    chmod 755 > /system/su.d/permissive.sh

I also tried downloading an SELinux changer apk but it won't run due to error in parse. Any idea to get the permission to run the gdb? Would love to know to mod future games.

My phone is Samsung S3 version 4.1.1.

I also tried using droid4x (because it's at version 4.2.2) to do the same thing, but I also get the same permission error.

2. hiyall360

hiyall360 Mr. Pringles
    Staff Member Cracking Team

you need to give gdb read/write/execute priviledges

tester123 likes this.
  3. tester123

I did tried that with several ways as mentioned. I tried remounting it with the linux commands, I tried setting permission by using root explorer. What other options are available?

4. hiyall360

hiyall360 Mr. Pringles

Inside adb, make sure your first commands are:

Adb shell

Su

5. tester123

I'll try adb shell, have been using Terminator Emulator with SU to give permission. I'll post some screenshot if things still don't work out to make things clearer.

6. tester123

Tried the command adb shell, this results:

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5038 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    error: device not found

I am running this with Terminal Emulator on the android itself as the guide suggested and not using the windows console. I tried googling a lot of solution, but they all pointed to sdk

7. Brandon Weibley

I am trying to find the bin folder to put gcoregdb files into, any tips on where to find it?

8. hiyall360

hiyall360 Mr. Pringles

download root explorer on your device in order to access that directory.

9. Brandon Weibley

I tried to follow the link in the OP but the apk I want to mod does not come up in the list in terminal after the sysdump meminfo | grep com.* line. I double checked and I have the latest version of SuperSU and BusyBox. I also noticed I dont have the rows and columns text like he does in his screen shots. Any idea why?

10. tester123

u need to have the game running and then run the terminal in order for it to dump the pid out for you.

I am still suck on the adb shell part that hiyall360 suggested.

11. hiyall360

hiyall360 Mr. Pringles

why not just use adb on pc like a normal person?

12. tester123

The phone won't connect to the PC for more than 30 seconds. Drivers keep stopping for w/e reason that I cannot figure out. Tried about 15+ different ways to fix it but doesn't work :(

Phone only connect to my old windows xp Computer >_<

13. xionus

xionus Active Member

had same problem. i did set rwx permission to gdb and it all worked. many thanks

• About Us

Android Republic - Android Game Hacks - Offering only the most advanced and exclusive android hacks, protections like Xigncode are easily bypassed by our team.

Exclusive Android hacks, android protections cracked, only the best available games, here you will find only the best games such as Kritika, Summoners War, Raven, Dragon Striker, Avabel, Evil Bane, 7knights and seven knights, Darkness Reborn, Soul Seeker all fully hacked and waiting for you! easy xigncode and dxshield bypass too!, way better than alpha gamers or alphagamers no need for booster or root, simple the best android cheat apk available.