1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help and/or suggestions about decrypting LUA files

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by TheCockroach, Dec 19, 2015.

1. TheCockroach

TheCockroach Guest

Hello!

I'm in need of a bit of help, I think. I always like to data mine the games that I play (among many other things..), and for several different reasons. Sometimes I'm pulling the info because I'm a major contributor on that games Wiki, sometimes because I need know what the min/max stats are on certain equipment, and other times just because I'm curious. But I'm having some problems with the game that I just started playing, since it seems (for once..) that the data files within the apk seem to be encrypted.

I'm pretty sure that this would probably be a fairly easy task for anyone who actually knew what they were doing, but sadly I don't. I actually excel in many different things, but due to certain disabilities, it's difficult for me to actually master any of them. But that doesn't mean I won't try as hard as I can to do such. So I'm hoping someone here can give me some pointers about how to go about this.

I'm assuming what I need, can be gotten by one of two methods.

1. The first being, figuring out how to decrypt these files. I'm aware that doing so would probably require the use of IDA, although I'm not very familiar with it's use or where to even start.

2. And I imagine the other option, would be to just read these files directly from memory while the game is running. I had at one point or another, read about how to do this, but it's been so long I don't really remember. And also, since it's an Android game, I honestly wouldn't know where to start or even what to use in order to get human-readable information.

The game in question: Sword of Chaos 6.0.2 APK

Any help at all, would be greatly appreciated. And also, I would much rather be able to go about doing this myself, vs. having someone else do it for me, if at all possible.

Thanks,

TheCockroach

• About Us

Android Republic - Android Game Hacks - Offering only the most advanced and exclusive android hacks, protections like Xigncode are easily bypassed by our team.

Exclusive Android hacks, android protections cracked, only the best available games, here you will find only the best games such as Kritika, Summoners War, Raven, Dragon Striker, Avabel, Evil Bane, 7knights and seven knights, Darkness Reborn, Soul Seeker all fully hacked and waiting for you! easy xigncode and dxshield bypass too!, way better than alpha gamers or alphagamers no need for booster or root, simple the best android cheat apk available.