1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Question] Comparing classes.dex file

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by nwk, Apr 5, 2016.

1. nwk

nwk New Member

Hi,

I am hoping somebody can help me with a way to compare two apk files (one original and the other is modded). I have compared their content and notice the only difference is their classes.dex file which has different size.
    Can somebody teach me if there's a way to quickly compare the difference in their coding? I've tried decompilling the files but there's too many folders and sub folders of smali files so i'm lost there. Thanks.

2. agent33

agent33 Active Member

On phone you can use DiffTool to compare folders, then it will show which files are not similar. Then you can compare files.

3. Lusx

Lusx Member

differentiate size of file is good enough, but you cant just use it for detect different from two file. What if the size is same, but bytes inside it is different. As @agent33 you need to use Diff tools or somethingllike it.

4. nwk

nwk New Member

hi, thx both for replies. i see difftool is an android app. is it possible to do this on PC?

5. agent33

agent33 Active Member

I'm not a expert on this but i think you can do it using IDA and HxD. Copy hex from both files and compare it in HxD.

6. mikenl1988

VIP

Perhabs if ya extract the smalli files from both then ya can compare the files with notepad++ perhabs?

Not surw if works for smalli aint a coder etc but i know notepad++ has ability to compare files

7. Lusx

Lusx Member

Not sure why you do this on android, Its on pc ofcourse. You can use HxD diff feature for comparin hex bytes from different files. If i didnt forget, Notepad++ has this feature too

8. icry4u

icry4u HolloW...!!!
    Exclusive Modding Team

Try WinMerge

9. nwk

nwk New Member

hi all, thx for the replies. I used winmerge which managed to compare all the smali files. But the problem now is the result shows that the content of all the smali files are exactly the same. I'm very confused now. lol

10. Xabdullahx

Xabdullahx Member

• About Us

Android Republic - Android Game Hacks - Offering only the most advanced and exclusive android hacks, protections like Xigncode are easily bypassed by our team.

Exclusive Android hacks, android protections cracked, only the best available games, here you will find only the best games such as Kritika, Summoners War, Raven, Dragon Striker, Avabel, Evil Bane, 7knights and seven knights, Darkness Reborn, Soul Seeker all fully hacked and waiting for you! easy xigncode and dxshield bypass too!, way better than alpha gamers or alphagamers no need for booster or root, simple the best android cheat apk available.