1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question - Working from home or outside ? Which do you choose ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DevilBladee522, Jul 19, 2015.

?

Working from Home Or Outside ?

1. Home

50.0%
  2. Outside

50.0%
  1. DevilBladee522

DevilBladee522 Advanced Member

Hi all, i'm a new user here. Been troubled about this issue working from home & outside, currently, i'm serving full time job outside but also i'm constantly looking out for good jobs also. So i came across a job which we are able to work from home, the hours are very flexible, they are not looking at your hours work but the work you put in. the company is very stable and profitable also, been around since 2005. But there's some con and pros on these two jobs i'm on and thinking of. I'll list out and hopefully will get some insights on this.

Working outside :

Pros -
    1) The normal benefits ( Annual Leave, sick leave, hospitalized leave, annual bonus, performance bonus, incentives )
    2) 5 days work week ( weekend not included )
    3) Decent Pay
    4) By goverment rules, all employees/employers need to contribute a fixed amount of contribution ( $$$ ) to a scheme. Company is paying for your contributions also for that scheme ( you can use this scheme to purchase a house and even personal medical bills )

- https://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/members - For reference.

Cons -
    1) Have to travel ( by bus/car so on )
    2) Being supervised ( every now and thn people are looking at you )
    3) Waking up in the early morning and take your attendance using the company attendance system ( Clocking in/out )

Working at home :

Pros -
    1) You're on your own, no1 will supervise you ( Lots of freedom )
    2) You don't have to wake up very early in the morning
    3) Free wifi from your house ( Saving all those 3G/4G datas )
    4) Travelling is needless ( Straight on the computer )
    5) Lots of free time with your family/childrens ( If married/just gave birth )
    6) Decent Pay also
    7) Less Stress
    8) Flexiblitity

Cons -
    1) No Benefits ( Just annual leave - 14 days as well, no sick leave, bonus, hospitalized leave ) - when you feel sick, you just need inform them to get day off, and they will let you.
    2) You've to pay for your own contributions ( Company not paying for you ) So if you plan to purchase a flat, you need fork out more. Since employer is not paying in the scheme mentioned.
    3) Distraction
    4) Work might not end ( You might need work in weekends to finish up your projects so on )
    5) Promotion might be overlooked

There might be more advantages and disvantages over up there that i might missed out and thought of. But so far those is what i've concluded and been comparing both. It's a very tough decision. As the pay, i'm considered quite a low-paid employee. So i've been thinking about it.

Would like to know more feedbacks/insights from working professionals or those who been working from home for past years or many years. Could say that the working from home is quite a stable job as well if you keep up at it. Since the company is stable and profitable.

Best Regards.
    Troubled Employee.

2. Juice

Juice New Member

Id say work outside... interaction with people and getting out of the house is imperative. Thats just me tho. Im a people person

3. Roy10

Roy10 AR Approved

Thread caught my eye, good question actually, although the topic is getting quite old. As the person above said, interaction with others outdoors is vital.
    You could ask this on Quora or something to get some better responses.

4. h3yf00l

h3yf00l License Manager
    Staff Member Administrator

Outdoors, get to interact with other humans. I enjoy being at home but I can't imagine being at home ALL the time.

5. EliteFox

EliteFox Member

Both!!! I really confuse about it but I cast vote for home :(
    The nicest thing working outside or in the office is we can easily make friends with everyone. So, once we are not working anymore we have lots of friends that can help us in the future :D lot's of fun with everyone! tour or travel together! lot's of fun!
    The best thing that I like from working at home is I don't need to be at home :D I can go on vacation everyday. Just prepare Skype and finish my work on time or before the due date.

6. Limper

VIP

Now a days, I'm retired. Anything I do is to prevent boredom and just to keep myself active lol but I mostly have worked outdoors. I'm retired Army and currently I run private security contracts, I'm a bail enforcement agent and I give speeches around the Midwest on PTSD.

• About Us

Android Republic - Android Game Hacks - Offering only the most advanced and exclusive android hacks, protections like Xigncode are easily bypassed by our team.

Exclusive Android hacks, android protections cracked, only the best available games, here you will find only the best games such as Kritika, Summoners War, Raven, Dragon Striker, Avabel, Evil Bane, 7knights and seven knights, Darkness Reborn, Soul Seeker all fully hacked and waiting for you! easy xigncode and dxshield bypass too!, way better than alpha gamers or alphagamers no need for booster or root, simple the best android cheat apk available.