1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server sided games

Discussion in 'Public Mod / Hack Discussion' started by Nick Black, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Nick Black

Nick Black Member

So I've been researching for a while about server sided games and how to mod them , I'm playing a game and i want to mod it and a lot of people told me not to try because server sided games are very hard to mod/hack.

So i started with using the typical hack tools , i used Freedom but it didn't work for some reason it never did any purchases . Then i moved to SBgamehacker and it didn't do anything as well .

Then i wanted to start learning unity to understand more but turns out the game isn't made with unity , every time i unzip it it has one folder that's called main.lua .

from there i really didn't know what to do or where to go i was stuck so i came to this site to get some help , i would really appreciate it if someone could help me or maybe give me a hint on what to do or how to know what information the server checks so i can edit them.

Any help would be appreciated alot . Thanks!

2. Nick Black

Nick Black Member

the game may be a lua file and i did read that its hard to hack. But the game is really garbage security wise , a couple of players did hack it but they never told anyone how and they just quit after they hacked it , so i do know that it can be hacked.

3. Nick Black

Nick Black Member

4. Nick Black

Nick Black Member

One guy managed to add a million gold coins , and in this game thats alot . No one found out that he hacked it until he started trolling people with all the gold he got . Thats when people reported him to the game's support and he was banned

5. icry4u

icry4u HolloW...!!!
    Exclusive Modding Team

currency are 80% server side on this kind of games he might have used packet editing + devs might have patched it when they found out ..

6. Nick Black

Nick Black Member

Thats my point . The devs didn't find out till like a month later and only because he was reported not because they knew about it . The game is really bad security wise they didnt put much thought into it and thats why im sure its hackable , otherwise i wouldn't be trying so much.

7. BTG

BTG overslept, pm me or chat in discord
    Exclusive Modding Team

so it seems we're confusing lua and server-side checks... :)

8. Nick Black

Nick Black Member

I dont exactly get what you're saying , but maybe if you can help me with something to get me started that would be good ?

9. BTG

Exclusive Modding Team

lua = scripting language

currency values can be stored any way dev like. based on what you said, it seems dev thought by using lua alone they are safe. given they've banned the guy, it is clear that they realized their mistake and most likely they'll patch.

10. Nick Black

Nick Black Member

I dont really think so cause 2 weeks later a guy hacked it again , and hes still not caught but he wont reveal his ways the only thing i got from him is that it was easier for him to do it during the server maintenance . I dont want anyone to hack the game for me i can do it on my own i just need to know where to start looking and what to look for .

11. BTG

Exclusive Modding Team

that's the only hint given to you, work on that. interesting but can't help - sorry.
    i was only chipping in to say this got nothing to do with lua whatsoever.

12. REtails

REtails New Member

To grossly oversimplify the important concepts here, I will use gold as an example to help clarify your goals in hacking server-sided games.

With your run of the mill, "not-server-sided" games (client-side only), the amount of gold that you possess is always, in some capacity, stored on the physical device that you are using to run the game. Apps will generally store the value at a particular memory location while running, and store the value to a local file when not running. This behavior leads to them being vulnerable to mods that alter the flow of gold (ie: each time you collect gold, gold = gold * 10), IAP hacks, file editing, etc. There are certainly some protections that developers can employ but most local protection schemes can be defeated easily.

Now, take your server-side game. What defines server-side is that most values pertaining to your account or profile are stored on the developer's server machines. Values like gold, character level, weapon damage, etc have to be obtained by your game application by sending constant requests to the server asking "how much gold do I have?" or "what level am I?" etc. If you use say, a memory editor in this situation, you may change your gold from 1 to 100000, but when you go to purchase that 50000 item, your game application asks the server "do I have enough money to spend 50000 on this item?" and the server says "no." If you use an IAP hack, by the same token, when you go to spend that falsely purchased loot, the server was never told by your game client "I successfully purchased 100000 gold, with this receipt id and customer code" and thus you never had more than 1 gold.

I know this is almost cringe-worthy oversimplification for some but hopefully this helps illustrate the concepts at hand! The key to hacking these games is to change the questions being asked by your client, and the subject to research for that is *packet editing* - drop me a line if you need a little more help!

Nick Black and icry4u like this.
  13. BTG

Exclusive Modding Team

:)

how do you re-asked the question of "what level am i?" by insisting "i am level 100" ! :D
    there are some packets that can be edited, most are not but yeah good description indeed :D :D

14. Nick Black

Nick Black Member

That's a great description of the process i am interested in what you're saying , i have been looking around for a while but haven't found any good tutorials on packet editing , maybe if you have some knowledge you can help me or give me some websites that can ? i'd be really interested in that . And the game that im trying to hack into isnt that complicated security wise so im pretty sure it can be done on it . Would really appreciate your help . Thanks!

15. Nick Black

Nick Black Member

Well if one packet is editable shouldn't the rest be editable ?

16. BTG

Exclusive Modding Team

Oh everything is editable, it's different story if they make any sense. try it
    he offered help there, go nuts, chase him up ;)
    comment back on your progress

• About Us

Android Republic - Android Game Hacks - Offering only the most advanced and exclusive android hacks, protections like Xigncode are easily bypassed by our team.

Exclusive Android hacks, android protections cracked, only the best available games, here you will find only the best games such as Kritika, Summoners War, Raven, Dragon Striker, Avabel, Evil Bane, 7knights and seven knights, Darkness Reborn, Soul Seeker all fully hacked and waiting for you! easy xigncode and dxshield bypass too!, way better than alpha gamers or alphagamers no need for booster or root, simple the best android cheat apk available.