1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Time-based purge of Requests Section

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by theonering1111, May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theonering1111

theonering1111 New Member

According to the rules of the section:

I have been assured that Liking a topic does not bring it to the attention of possible modders, which makes me wonder how a thread that has fallen to, say, page 3 or 4 (Two weeks, roughly. The oldest reply on Page 4 is on the 11th of May at the time of writing) will ever get any attention, since I'm assuming most modders are busy people doing this in their spare time and will only really look at pages 1 and 2. In fact, I'm pretty sure most normal people going to look in that forum aren't going to go too far back either, which makes it harder for old topics to get Likes in the first place.

While I understand the no bumping rule, I would like to request an automated purging system (perhaps this one?) that removes threads that are older than say, two or three weeks, or maybe one month. This will allow people to repost requests for particular games that still have a demand for mods even after that time period, and allow a more recent look at the amount of Likes a particular topic has.

Pros
    - If a game is popular enough to have people requesting it even after a month or two has passed since its last thread, it's probably good enough to bring it back into the spotlight.
    - All information is up to date, including game version, cheats requested and popularity (Likes).
    - Removes clutter from the forum, possibly lightens the database as well.

Cons
    - Adds an extra cronjob to the forum.
    - Allows relatively niche games to be reposted again and again by persistent users.

I hope this gets at least some consideration from the staff. Thank you.

-----

My main reason for posting this is due to this post. It's one month old (at least it will be in three days), and it was probably on page 6 or so at the time I found it via Google and posted. While I am at fault for not noticing the no bumping rule (I only glanced over the rules thread at the time and made sure to use the template), I don't know how someone would bring the game back to the attention of freelance modders without actually bumping it.

So this is my... five cents? It looks a little more than two cents. Ah well.

2. DaemonXSoul

DaemonXSoul Manager of Something
    Staff Member Team AR

A system that automatically delete threads from the Request Section only (not other sections) that are older than 3 months or so, will be quite decent but it have his cons.
    1 month older is still nothing, people need to understand that even if they made a request, modder will decide on their own if they want to mod something or not, no one force modders to mod specific games. Page 1 or page 10 doesn't make any difference.

Also, if a mod has not been done for a game, while the request was 3 months older, that could likely means that the game is not easily moddable, if not at all. And as you said, having a different request of Clash Royale every month, will only lead to us saying again and again "that not gonna happens".
    Multiply this answer to all the games like this which already have answered in the Request, all those answers will be deleted aswell and it's like we have to keep saying the same thing over and over.

I can understand that there are some pro of having this system, but the cons are also a lot.

Imo having or not having this system will not solve anything, it only replace the problems we currently have, with other different problems.

3. theonering1111

I hope I don't come off as rude, but doesn't that mean you don't think you even need a Request forum at all? If modders only mod what they want, why would they even look in a Request forum?

Does the system you have in place actually stop people from reposting and having to lock the thread and move it to Rejected anyways? I'm fairly sure most people don't use search before posting a request (About half of page 1 of the Rejected Requests forum are duplicates), so frankly, I don't think it'll change what you guys have been doing so far.

Maybe add a stickied thread with a list of unmoddable games and increase the time before deletion (3 months?).

Either way though, it's upt o you guys. I simply wanted to make a suggestion.

4. h3yf00l

h3yf00l License Manager
    Staff Member Administrator

I like the idea of having request threads deleted every 3 months or so but it wont matter as they'll be created again. At the end there's really no solution to this, people will request games no matter what. Some will be modded, most won't. It's all up to modders if they find the game worth modding or if they even want to put the effort into modding it.

Malfurion likes this.
  5. theonering1111

I understand, I was just wondering what the point of having a Request forum is if it doesn't matter who/when/what is created in there. I'm guessing it's just a placebo to keep users happy. xD

6. Dogboy69

Dogboy69 I AR Make Video
    Staff Member Team AR

The JMT do use the request section for ideas but seeing as there is more requests than modders they have to pick and choose which games they mod. If they didn't use the request section then there would be no resolved requests in the section either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Android Republic - Android Game Hacks - Offering only the most advanced and exclusive android hacks, protections like Xigncode are easily bypassed by our team.

Exclusive Android hacks, android protections cracked, only the best available games, here you will find only the best games such as Kritika, Summoners War, Raven, Dragon Striker, Avabel, Evil Bane, 7knights and seven knights, Darkness Reborn, Soul Seeker all fully hacked and waiting for you! easy xigncode and dxshield bypass too!, way better than alpha gamers or alphagamers no need for booster or root, simple the best android cheat apk available.