Approved How to mod games with LIBs (not Unity)

iAlex

Staff member
Exclusive Modding Team
Mar 11, 2016
★·.·´¯`·.·★ . ★·.·´¯`·.·★
•]••´º´•» αи∂яσι∂ яєρυвℓι¢ «•´º´••[•
¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º° мσ∂∂ιиg α¢α∂єму °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Target > Games that use libgame.so / libcocos2dcpp.so / libcocos2dlua.so / libapp.so / libcore.so and more...

APKTool Link - Apktool - A tool for reverse engineering 3rd party, closed, binary Android apps.
IDA PRO - Hex-Rays IDA Pro 6.8 + All Decompilers (CTRG).rar - 175.3 MB
HxD - HxD - Freeware Hex Editor and Disk Editor | mh-nexus
Lucky Patcher Link - Lucky Patcher APK Download 8.0.0 Latest [Official Site] - Lucky Patcher
ARM ref - ARM Information Center
Brave Frontier Global Link - Brave Frontier for Android - APK Download

- Subscribe to the channel for more tutorials like this !
- If you have any issue just comment below :D

Last edited:

iAlex

Staff member
Exclusive Modding Team
Mar 11, 2016
for other game how to you find out which Lib to edit??
find lib big size
yes, usually picking the bigger lib works but sometimes even the bigger lib is useless, ex. a big libcocos2dlua.so may simply use LUA files inside ASSETS folder, you can consider the lib as something that simply process the lua files and thats all
and in that case you must check things inside ASSETS folder , and look for .lua or .luac files or any other kind of files

bb4life

Jan 30, 2019
hi! great video! Thank you so much for posting this! just a quick question. what site do you use for conversion to hex? your video said you already know it so no need to convert. so i look up online i found this site. ARM To HEX Converter Online to use. but it doesn't seem to work. i'm just curious what do you type to convert the MOV R0, #1 into 01 20 ? i just want to learn how it works and trying to figure out each step. thank you! i typed move r0, #1 into the site and it just says conversion failed... do you guys use some other site?

iAlex

Staff member
Exclusive Modding Team
Mar 11, 2016
hi! great video! Thank you so much for posting this! just a quick question. what site do you use for conversion to hex? your video said you already know it so no need to convert. so i look up online i found this site. ARM To HEX Converter Online to use. but it doesn't seem to work. i'm just curious what do you type to convert the MOV R0, #1 into 01 20 ? i just want to learn how it works and trying to figure out each step. thank you! i typed move r0, #1 into the site and it just says conversion failed... do you guys use some other site?
i personally use that site and it always works without any issues , your error comes up because you have to select the right HEX OUTPUT
you have to set it to x32 - ARM32/AARCH32/ARMv7 since that the most common one used for android games
if you need x64 outputs just select that

Reactions: bb4life

icry4u

Busy....
Staff member
Exclusive Modding Team
Nov 4, 2015
i personally use that site and it always works without any issues , your error comes up because you have to select the right HEX OUTPUT
you have to set it to x32 - ARM32/AARCH32/ARMv7 since that the most common one used for android games
if you need x64 outputs just select that
adding to that
. maybe you have typo issue
it's mov r0,#1 not move r0,#1

bb4life

Jan 30, 2019
Thank you @icry4u and @iAlex!!!!!!!
I didn't expect you guys to come out and explain it to a newbie like me and replying so fast too!! and yes i finally got it all working!
The code in libgames.so was a little bit different because i was working with latest BF v1.15.3.0. The code and the HEX were all different and i had some trouble with IDA View. but oh man it works! the feeling that you edit it and it works is Amazing!!! LOL.

one small thing i was curious about was what is the difference between THUMB and THUMB-2 hex?

LDR R0, =10000
BX LR
on website generated
THUMB HEX as 0048 7047 10270000
THUMB-2 HEX as 0048 7047 00001027

I notice you used the THUMB-2 HEX one.
( i tried out both, the 00001027 one gave the player like 60,000+ dmg, while the 1027000 gave the player about 10,000+ dmg). LOL

while you did a second way for HP using
MOV R0, #255
MUL R0, R0
BX LR
on website generated
THUMB HEX as FF20 4043 7047
THUMB-2 HEX as 4FF0FF00 00FB00F0 7047
This one you picked THUMB HEX instead.

is it because the the thumb-2 looks too strange? haha

either way thank you again so much for this video! I think i learned a lot. to someone who have never even tried at Modding. just the feeling of editing something myself and actually have it work is amazing! especially BF was a game i played 2 years ago and spend quite a lot into too haha.

Thank you guys so much again!

my goal is to learn to mod Onmyoji(global). hahaha. one day i'll figure out how to do it. haha.

Thank you!

iAlex

Staff member
Exclusive Modding Team
Mar 11, 2016
Thank you @icry4u and @iAlex!!!!!!!
I didn't expect you guys to come out and explain it to a newbie like me and replying so fast too!! and yes i finally got it all working!
The code in libgames.so was a little bit different because i was working with latest BF v1.15.3.0. The code and the HEX were all different and i had some trouble with IDA View. but oh man it works! the feeling that you edit it and it works is Amazing!!! LOL.

one small thing i was curious about was what is the difference between THUMB and THUMB-2 hex?

LDR R0, =10000
BX LR
on website generated
THUMB HEX as 0048 7047 10270000
THUMB-2 HEX as 0048 7047 00001027

I notice you used the THUMB-2 HEX one.
( i tried out both, the 00001027 one gave the player like 60,000+ dmg, while the 1027000 gave the player about 10,000+ dmg). LOL

while you did a second way for HP using
MOV R0, #255
MUL R0, R0
BX LR
on website generated
THUMB HEX as FF20 4043 7047
THUMB-2 HEX as 4FF0FF00 00FB00F0 7047
This one you picked THUMB HEX instead.

is it because the the thumb-2 looks too strange? haha

either way thank you again so much for this video! I think i learned a lot. to someone who have never even tried at Modding. just the feeling of editing something myself and actually have it work is amazing! especially BF was a game i played 2 years ago and spend quite a lot into too haha.

Thank you guys so much again!

my goal is to learn to mod Onmyoji(global). hahaha. one day i'll figure out how to do it. haha.

Thank you!
for bf use thumb hex , i noticed a bit later that i user the wrong anyway gj on it ^^
Keep practicing to get better

Reactions: bb4life

bb4life

Jan 30, 2019
ohhh okay so just use the Thumb Hex, i thought it doesn't matter. since the one you used Thumb hex 2 does 6x more damage haha. thank you so much! i will practice more on it. i'm looking up different stats and trying out more on it. thank you haha.

Reactions: iAlex

vinaboypm

New User
Jan 9, 2019
i try mod file libcocos2dcpp.so game defender 3 but not succsess
when i install game but not run, it's stuck in black screen
can u show me how to do ? mod coin and crystal
thanku alex fergurson

iAlex

Staff member
Exclusive Modding Team
Mar 11, 2016
i try mod file libcocos2dcpp.so game defender 3 but not succsess
when i install game but not run, it's stuck in black screen
can u show me how to do ? mod coin and crystal
thanku alex fergurson
lol
i provided basic tutorial , i don't have the time to do video tutorials for all games and most of all it doesnt make much sense doing them since we modders learned it by spending sever days , weeks or months polishing our "skills" lol
all i can say is watch more tuts and try by yourself , fail or not its good for your practice
if you have questions regarding the code feel free to post but dont ask for complete stuff lol

cobaltz

New User
Nov 11, 2017
★·.·´¯·.·★ . ★·.·´¯·.·★
•]••´º´•» αи∂яσι∂ яєρυвℓι¢ «•´º´••[•
¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º° мσ∂∂ιиg α¢α∂єму °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸

Target > Games that use libgame.so / libcocos2dcpp.so / libcocos2dlua.so / libapp.so / libcore.so and more...

APKTool Link - Apktool - A tool for reverse engineering 3rd party, closed, binary Android apps.
IDA PRO - Hex-Rays IDA Pro 6.8 + All Decompilers (CTRG).rar - 175.3 MB
HxD - HxD - Freeware Hex Editor and Disk Editor | mh-nexus
Lucky Patcher Link - Lucky Patcher APK Download 8.0.0 Latest [Official Site] - Lucky Patcher
ARM ref - ARM Information Center
Brave Frontier Global Link - Brave Frontier for Android - APK Download

• Subscribe to the channel for more tutorials like this !
  • If you have any issue just comment below :D
Thanks for the Tutorial its really help me a lot to do mod lib file game.
But now i find lib file that not easy to find out which substring that should i edit cause i cant find string like player/monster/enemy status(attk,def,hp) i think it named with diff name.
so what should i do to find the right process or the right string ?? ofc its impossible to search it one by one lol
do you have some tips or solution??
btw the game i try to break down is Another eden global.
Thanks