Packet editing android games through Bluestacks/Nox (Question)

SamTheoAwesome

New User
11/04/16
Thread Author
Hey guys,

I have found a small number of games that have very limited exploitation through the use of memory editors and modding save files etc (to my knowledge), so I thought I could try to use Packet Editing Software to intercept the packets between the server and my virtual device.

However, I found that difficult to do as WPEpro, (even with all permissions) would not detect the processes, I figured that it's probably due to the proxy configuration of both Bluestacks and Nox, and thus why it won't pick up certain processes.

I have now set up ProxyCap to redirect all of the HTTP/HTTPS data from the process (NoxVMHandle.exe) but I have no idea where to redirect it.

If someone could point me in the right direction, or offer any alternative methods of achieving the above, I would be truly thankful as I have been trying to do this for a week now. (I know, I suck)

Kind regards and sorry for taking up your time. <3

Hey guys,

I have found a small number of games that have very limited exploitation through the use of memory editors and modding save files etc (to my knowledge), so I thought I could try to use Packet Editing Software to intercept the packets between the server and my virtual device.

However, I found that difficult to do as WPEpro, (even with all permissions) would not detect the processes, I figured that it's probably due to the proxy configuration of both Bluestacks and Nox, and thus why it won't pick up certain processes.

I have now set up ProxyCap to redirect all of the HTTP/HTTPS data from the process (NoxVMHandle.exe) but I have no idea where to redirect it.

If someone could point me in the right direction, or offer any alternative methods of achieving the above, I would be truly thankful as I have been trying to do this for a week now. (I know, I suck)

Kind regards and sorry for taking up your time. <3
what i like doing is using wifi and your phone, easier imo because you're not trying to run two network processes (the proxy and the requesting user agent) from the same machine. it's simple to do as well, i know with charles web debugger (and fiddler i believe) you download a certificate to run thru the ssl proxy, then once you got them turned on and the proxy running, get the ip from settings and have your phone point to that ip using advanced settings under the wifi (Google if that makes no sense). don't forget to turn it off on your phone when done and good luck!

edit: look up my first tutorial here regarding using Charles proxy, i detail out the instructions there

Back
Top Bottom