Unity based or not?

Mekha

VIP
Jan 30, 2019
Hi... so let's get down to the question's
How can we know that a game is unity based or not?
So there's this game that I want to ripped but just the bgm and sfx...

Some said like this "if it's unity based then used unity application to rip 'em"

xakoo

Retired
Sep 15, 2018
Usually extracting the game apk will tell you what engine it utilizes. I'll do a simple showcase for the game you specified. If we extract the apk and browse to its sub-folders; META-INF -> MANIFEST.MF, that will let you know what game engine it is running on:
chrome_59Pp8d2t83.png

There are of course different ways to check, but this is the easiest & quickest method. Other method, while not popular, the game devs will give credits to the engine they're utilizing on the initial menu, with the words "Powered by Unity" or "Made with Unity" followed by product logo.

Reactions: guporza

Mekha

VIP
Jan 30, 2019
Usually extracting the game apk will tell you what engine it utilizes. I'll do a simple showcase for the game you specified. If we extract the apk and browse to its sub-folders; META-INF -> MANIFEST.MF, that will let you know what game engine it is running on:
[Attachment removed from Quotes]

There are of course different ways to check, but this is the easiest & quickest method. Other method, while not popular, the game devs will give credits to the engine they're utilizing on the initial menu, with the words "Powered by Unity" or "Made with Unity" followed by product logo.
Woah thanks!
Yes not a long ago I used apk editor to decode the files and come across unity-something written on some of the files... Or package(?)

But unfortunately the method of "using apk editor to get sfx/music" isn't working very well... Somehow the data isn't inside the apk itself, where should I find it then?

Attachments